Grilled Portobello and Montrachet Salad2018-02-12
- Yield : 4 servings
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 8m
- Ready In : 23m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat13 grams
- 8 ounces Montrachet goat cheese, cut into 4 equal-sized rounds
- 4 large outer-leaves radicchio
- 3 medium-sized Portobello mushroom caps, stems and gills removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for the cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sherry or red wine vinegar
- 7 ounces mesclun lettuce mix (about 3 cups)
- 1/4 cup roasted red pepper strips
- 1/4 cup shelled walnut halves
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
Preheat an outdoor grill or cast-iron grill pan to medium-high.
Working on baking sheet, wrap each round of cheese in a radicchio leaf like an egg roll, and pinch them a little to help it keep their shape. Arrange them on 1 side of the baking sheet.
Place the mushroom caps on the other side of the baking sheet; drizzle with the olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Grill the mushrooms until tender and juicy, turning once, about 6 minutes. Next, lightly drizzle the wrapped goat cheese with oil and grill until slightly charred and warm, turning occasionally, about 1 minute. Immediately remove and slice in half on the diagonal.
Slice the grilled mushroom caps into strips and add them to a bowl with the lemon juice and sherry wine vinegar. Toss to combine.
In a bowl, toss the lettuce mix with the mushrooms and arrange in 4 bowls. Arrange 2 goat cheese halves in the center of each. Sprinkle each salad with red pepper and walnuts, and serve garnished with lemon wedges.