Grilled Sausage and Mushroom Toasts2015-05-30
- Yield : 4 servings
- Cook Time : 40m
- Ready In : 40m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat6 grams
- 1 pound zucchini, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt
- 1 pound portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 small onion, sliced into 1/2-inch-thick rings
- 1 red bell pepper, quartered
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for grilling and drizzling
- Freshly ground pepper
- 6 1/2-inch-thick slices crusty Italian or sourdough bread 3 links hot or sweet Italian sausage (8 to 10 ounces)
- 1/4 cup grated pecorino Romano cheese
- 3/4 cup fresh basil, torn, plus more for topping
- 1/2 cup drained marinated artichoke hearts, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
Preheat a grill to medium high. Toss the zucchini with a generous pinch of salt in a colander; set aside.
Brush the mushrooms, onion and bell pepper with 1 tablespoon olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Brush the bread slices with 1 tablespoon olive oil; season with salt and pepper.
Oil the grill grates. Grill the vegetables, turning, until tender, 6 to 10 minutes. Grill the sausages, turning, until marked and cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes. Toast the bread on the grill, 1 to 2 minutes. Chop the vegetables and sausages and transfer to a medium bowl. Add the cheese and 1/4 cup basil and toss; season with salt and pepper.
Squeeze the zucchini to remove any excess liquid; transfer to a bowl and toss with the artichoke hearts, remaining 1/2 cup basil and 1 tablespoon olive oil and the vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
Cut the bread slices in half and top with the sausage mixture; drizzle with olive oil and top with basil. Serve with the zucchini salad.