Grilled Shrimp with Rice Noodles2018-07-06
- Yield : 4 servings
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 35m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat2 grams
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, plus more for the grill
- 1 8-ounce package thin rice noodles, such as vermicelli
- 1 1/4 pounds peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup drained pickled ginger, chopped, plus 1 tablespoon brine
- Kosher salt
- 1 seedless cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
Preheat a grill to medium high; oil the grates. Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add the noodles and cook as the label directs. Drain and rinse under cold water. Toss the shrimp with 1 tablespoon curry paste and the vegetable oil. Let sit at room temperature, about 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, whisk the remaining 1 tablespoon curry paste, the peanut butter, vinegar, ginger brine, 2 tablespoons water and a pinch of salt in a large bowl until smooth and thick. Add the cucumber, bell pepper, carrot, most of the cilantro, the ginger and a generous pinch of salt; toss well until the sauce loosens. Cut the noodles into shorter pieces with kitchen shears and add to the vegetables; season with salt and toss well.
Grill the shrimp until just cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Serve on top of the noodle mixture. Top with the remaining cilantro.