Grilled Spinach-Artichoke Sandwiches2014-10-01
- Yield : 4 servings
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 35m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat10 grams
- 1 small red onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing and drizzling
- 1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 5-ounce package baby spinach (about 8 cups)
- 1 cup grated asiago cheese (about 4 ounces)
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese (about 2 ounces)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 8 -inch-thick slices crusty bread
- 2 cups quartered Campari or other small vine-ripened tomatoes
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh parsley
- Freshly ground pepper
Combine half of the onion, the vinegar and a pinch of salt in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave until hot; set aside.
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the remaining onion and cook, stirring, 3 minutes. Add the artichokes and heat through, 4 minutes. Stir in half of the spinach and cook until wilted, 2 more minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the asiago, goat cheese, mayonnaise and the remaining spinach.
Heat a grill pan over medium heat. Sandwich the spinach-artichoke mixture between the bread slices. Brush the sandwiches with olive oil and add to the grill pan. Grill 3 minutes per side. Let rest 2 minutes; cut in half.
Drain the reserved onion. Drizzle with olive oil, then add the tomatoes, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste; toss. Serve with the sandwiches.