Grilled Steak Fries with Citrus-Thyme Aioli2016-08-07
- Yield : 4 servings
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 5m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed to a paste
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated fresh lemon zest, Meyer lemons, preferred
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 russet potatoes, scrubbed
- 1/4 cup canola oil
In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, garlic, zests, thyme, paprika, honey and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Put the potatoes in a pot of cold water, add 2 tablespoons of salt and cook over medium heat until the potatoes are tender, but still firm, about 10 minutes. Drain, let cool and cut each potato lengthwise into 8 slices.
Heat the grill to medium. Brush the potatoes with the oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Grill until golden brown and cooked through, about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a serving platter or bowl and serve with the mayonnaise.