Grilled Stone Fruits with Balsamic and Black Pepper Syrup2015-07-21
- Yield : 4 servings, 3 pieces each
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 5m
- Ready In : 10m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat0 grams
- Oil, for rubbing grill or cooking spray to prepare surface of grill or grill pan
- 6 pieces stone fruit, plums, peaches or nectarines, apricots cut around the pit and separated in halves
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 small, peeled chunk ginger root, 1/2-inch
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse black pepper
Heat grill or grill pan to high. Coat the surface of the grill with oil or spray to avoid sticking. Place fruits cut side down on grill and cook 3 to 4 minutes until warmed through and evenly marked.
Heat the remaining ingredients (for the glaze) in small pot over medium-high heat or place on grill next to fruit. When the sauce reduces, it will become syrup-like in no time - less than a minute. If you burn food often or get distracted easily, cook it over lower heat. Otherwise, let it rip. When the balsamic sauce coats the back of a spoon and reduces by half, remove the pan from the heat and discard the ginger chunk.
Arrange fruits on a platter and drizzle liberally with the glaze.