Grilled Yellowfin Tuna with Oven-Roasted Peppers2013-06-15
- Yield : 4 servings
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 45m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- Four 6- to 8-ounce yellowfin tuna steaks
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Oven-Roasted Peppers, recipe follows
- 2 green bell peppers
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 yellow bell peppers
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Preheat grill to high heat.
Rub olive oil over each steak and season with salt and pepper. Transfer steaks to grill and cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side for rare. Place in the refrigerator to make the slicing easier.
Serve with Oven-Roasted Peppers.
Over a gas flame, or under the broiler, roast peppers until the skin blisters and turns black, turning with tongs so they get evenly charred. Place the peppers in a bowl and cover with plastic for 15 to 20 minutes. Uncover, peel off the blackened skin, remove the core, and discard the seeds and ribs. Cut the peppers into thin strips and place in a clean bowl. Add the fresh herbs, shallots, garlic, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar and toss to combine.