Hasselback Potatoes with Fromage Fort2012-12-10
- Yield : 6 servings
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 20m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh chives
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 medium russet potatoes, scrubbed
- 3/4 cup Fromage Fort, recipe follows
- 1/2 pound leftover cheese pieces
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup white wine
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
Stir together the butter, olive oil, chives and some salt and pepper in a small bowl.
Lay a potato lengthwise between the handles of 2 chopsticks. Slice the potato thinly, using the chopsticks to stop you from slicing all the way through. Repeat with the remaining potatoes.
Put the potatoes on a baking sheet and brush on the butter mixture, making sure to get in between all the slices. Bake until tender and crisp, 45 to 50 minutes.
Spread 1 1/2 tablespoons Fromage Fort over top of each and bake until cheese is golden brown and bubbly, an additional 8 to 10 minutes.
Add cheese, garlic, wine and some salt and pepper to a food processor and blend until smooth.