Healthy Grilled Chicken-and-Rice Foil Packs2016-10-17
- Yield : 4 servings
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 30m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat1 grams
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- One 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup converted rice
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapeno slices, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- Kosher salt
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
Prepare a grill for medium heat.
Put the chicken, beans, rice, salsa, pickled jalapenos, tomato paste, chili powder, turmeric and 3/4 teaspoon salt in a large bowl and toss to combine. Divide the chicken-rice mixture evenly among the pie pans, spreading it out in an even layer. Pour 1/2 cup of chicken broth into each pie pan.
Cover each pan tightly with foil. Put the pans on the grill, close the grill lid and cook for 20 minutes. Remove from the grill and let rest for a few minutes.
Carefully remove the foil from each pan (hot steam will escape). The liquid should be absorbed, the rice tender and the chicken cooked through. Sprinkle each with some scallions.