Hearty Chicken Tortilla Soup2015-05-03
- Yield : 6 servings
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 40m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Crisp Tortilla Strips
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 1 pound)
- 3 1/2 cups Swanson(R) Chicken Broth (Regular, Natural Goodnessa,,c or Certified Organic)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn with red and green peppers, drained
- 1 cup Pace(R) Chunky Salsa
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
Spray a 6-quart saucepot with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Add the chicken to the saucepot. Cook until it's browned, stirring often.
Stir the broth, cumin and rice in the saucepot. Heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
Stir the corn, salsa, cilantro and lime juice in the saucepot. Cook until the rice is tender. Top each serving of soup with Crisp Tortilla Strips.
Crisp Tortilla Strips: Heat the oven to 425 degrees F. Cut 4 corn tortillas into thin strips and place them on a baking sheet. Spray with cooking spray. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden.
Campbell's Kitchen Tip: Use a pastry wheel when cutting the tortillas to create a special touch for the soup garnish.