Herb Seared Sanddabs with Warmed Arugula and Fire Roasted Tomato Salad2018-10-03
- Yield : 4 to 6 servings
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 30m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 12 (2 ounce) sanddab fillets (sole or flounder fillets may be substituted)
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh cracked peppercorns, medium-fine grind (pink, green, and black)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh herbs, rinsed and completely dry (dill, thyme, basil, chives, parsley)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup grilled or roasted tomatoes, see recipe
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for basting tomatoes
- 4 bunches fresh arugula, rinsed, with stems removed
- 1/4 cup finely diced sweet tri-colored bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Salt and pepper
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
To prepare the fish: Trim, rinse, and pat dry sanddab fillets and place in bowl. Mix white wine, garlic, olive oil, and lemon juice and gently toss with sanddabs. Cover and marinate for 30 minutes in refrigerator. Mix flour, salt, cracked peppercorns, and fresh herbs together and set aside.
To roast tomatoes and prepare salad: Seed 2 large fresh tomatoes, slice 1/2-inch thick, baste with olive oil, and grill over open flame. Cool and coarsely chop into 1/2-inch chunks. Mix together tomatoes, arugula, and tri-colored peppers, and set aside. Whisk together 1 cup olive oil, vinegar and honey, add salt and pepper, to taste. Heat dressing slowly in small saucepan and keep warm.
To cook the fish: Dredge marinated fillets in flour-herb mixture to coat completely. Brown butter in a skillet over medium-high heat and saute fillets for about 2 minutes per side. Remove from pan to individual serving plates and keep warm.
To serve: Toss salad with warmed dressing, arrange on top of sanddabs. Spoon small amount of remaining dressing around plate and garnish with lemon slices. Serve immediately.