Hoisin-BBQ-Glazed Chicken Thighs2013-11-19
- Yield : 4
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 40m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or peanut oil, plus more for oiling the grill grates
- 8 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Asian chili garlic sauce
- Cooked broccoli and white rice, for serving
Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat.
Sprinkle the chicken thighs generously with salt and pepper. Lightly oil the grill grates. Grill the chicken until grill marks appear and an internal temperature of 170 degrees F, about 15 minutes per side.
While the chicken cooks, make the sauce: Heat the vegetable oil in a small saucepan over high heat. Add the ginger and garlic and cook until soft, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the ketchup, hoisin, sherry, sesame oil, soy sauce and chili garlic sauce. Whisk until smooth and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and let cool.
Brush the chicken thighs with about 1/2 cup of the sauce several times in the last 5 minutes of cooking time. Serve the chicken with the extra sauce and with cooked broccoli and white rice.