Honey-Nut Cereal Treats2016-11-19
- Yield : 24 bars
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 55m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more for greasing
- One 10-ounce bag mini marshmallows
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups toasted honey whole-grain oat cereal, such as Honey Nut Cheerios
- 3 cups honey-sweetened puffed wheat cereal, such as Honey Smacks
- 1 1/2 cups salted mixed nuts, roughly chopped
Line a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with enough foil so that there's a 2-inch overhang on all sides. Grease the foil with butter.
Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add the marshmallows and honey and cook, stirring occasionally, until the marshmallows melt completely, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the almond butter and vanilla. Add the whole oat cereal, puffed wheat cereal and 1 cup of the chopped mixed nuts. Stir with a rubber spatula, making sure to scrape up the bottom, until the cereal is completely coated. Transfer to the prepared baking dish and pat down into an even layer. Scatter the remaining 1/2 cup of chopped nuts on top and press into the top (use the bottom of a measuring cup to help). Let sit at room temperature until firm, about 30 minutes.
Cut into 24 bars. Store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 3 days.