- Prep Time : 5m
- Ready In : 5m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 1 stick (1/4 pound) butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup minced yellow onion
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup mild honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 rounded teaspoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons peach or mango chutney
- Small handful dried currants or chopped dark raisins
- 2 roasting chickens (3 1/2 to 4 pounds each)
- 1 or 2 shallow baking sheets with 1 inch rims
To make sauce: Melt butter in a heavy 1 1/2 to 2 quart saucepan over medium heat. When bubbling, saute onion and garlic until softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Add remaining ingredients except chicken and stir until combined. Heat until warm throughout and set aside to cool slightly.
To prepare chicken: Rinse and pat each chicken dry. Cut each chicken into 8 serving pieces as directed. (Reserve and freeze backs for stock.) Dip each piece in honey mixture, coating chicken completely. Lay chicken pieces (skin side up) on 1 or 2 shallow baking pans. Spoon any remaining sauce over chicken.
To bake: Place chicken in a cold oven, turn heat to 400 degrees F and bake 1 hour. If you are using 2 baking sheets, roast in the upper and lower thirds of the oven and switch shelf positions after half the baking time.
To serve: Transfer chicken to a warmed serving platter and serve hot, at room temperature or slightly chilled.