Hot and Spicy Cholula Sea Bass Ceviche with Roasted Peppers, Grilled Masa Cakes, Roasted Corn, and Citrus Marinade2019-07-17
- Yield : 4 servings
- Prep Time : 30m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 44m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 24 ounces sea bass, julienned
- 1 cup lime juice
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 red onion, julienne
- 1 cup chiffonade cilantro leaves
- 4 jalapeno chiles, roasted, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, roasted, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 2 yellow bell peppers, roasted, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 2 ears corn, roasted and removed from the cob
- Salt and pepper
- Hot pepper sauce, (recommended: Cholula)
- 4 cups masa harina
- 4 eggs
- Water, to bind
In a large bowl, combine the sea bass, lime juice, lemon juice, orange juice, and onion. Mix all of these ingredients together and let marinate for 4 hours, covered, in the refrigerator.
Preheat a grill.
Once the fish has marinated, add the cilantro, roasted peppers, corn, and season with salt and pepper.
To make the masa cakes, combine the masa flour, eggs, and add a tablespoon of water at a time and form a paste. Make sure the paste is firm and not too watery. Form small pancake shapes and grill on each side for approximately 2 minutes.
To serve, place the masa cakes on the plate and top with the sea bass ceviche. Drizzle the top with the hot pepper sauce for added heat.