Hot German Potato Salad2015-01-15
- Prep Time : 25m
- Cook Time : 45m
- Ready In : 10m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat3 grams
- 2 pounds white-skinned waxy potatoes, scrubbed (about 5 large)
- Kosher salt
- 6 slices bacon (about 4 ounces)
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup fruity white wine (recommended: Riesling)
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Freshly ground pepper
1. Put the potatoes in a large saucepan. Add 2 tablespoons salt and enough cold water to cover by 1-inch. Bring to a boil, lower the heat, and simmer until fork-tender, about 30 minutes. Drain and cool slightly.
2. When the potatoes are almost done, cook the bacon in a skillet over medium-high heat until crisp, 4 minutes. Drain the bacon on a paper towel-lined plate. Lower the heat to medium. Add the onion and 2 teaspoons salt and cook, until the onion is translucent, about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Whisk in the broth, wine, vinegar, mustard, and sugar and boil until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.Â
3. Crumble the bacon into a serving bowl. Using a paring knife, peel the skins off the warm potatoes and cut them into bite-size chunks. Add the potatoes to the bowl along with the hot vinegar dressing and parsley. Toss gently and adjust the seasoning with salt and black pepper, to taste. Serve the potato salad immediately or while still warm.