Hot Ginger Toddy2015-11-12
- Yield : 1 serving
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 17m
- Ready In : 37m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 4 to 6 ounces top shelf bourbon
- 2 ounces honey
- 1 ounce Ginger Syrup, recipe follows
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 lemon
- 2 cups coarsely chopped fresh ginger with peel, about 8 ounces
- 1 cup sugar
Heat whiskey, honey, ginger syrup, and lemon juice in a small saucepan until honey dissolves and liquid is hot, but not boiling. Pour into a large snifter or mug. Serve.
1. Cut peel from lemon (avoid pith) using a vegetable peeler. Place ginger and lemon peel in food processor and finely chop.
2. Transfer lemon-ginger mixture to a medium saucepan, add sugar and 2 cups of water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, for 15 minutes. Strain mixture and cool. Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 week.