Italian Marinated Vegetables2019-07-30
- Yield : 12 servings; 6 ounces each
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 2m
- Ready In : 17m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat2 grams
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 pound broccoli rabe, trimmed
- 1 cup small cauliflower florets
- 8 ounces button mushrooms (cut in half if too large)
- 1 cup half-moon-sliced zucchini
- 1 cup half-moon-sliced yellow squash
- 1/2 cup roasted red pepper strips
- 1/2 cup marinated, quartered artichoke hearts
- 1/2 cup oil-cured black olives, pitted
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon thinly-sliced fresh basil leaves, plus whole leaves for garnish
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges, for garnish
Make the Vegetables: Fill the stock pot with water and bring to a boil. Stir in the lemon juice and salt. Fill the pasta basket with the broccoli rabe, cauliflower, mushrooms, zucchini, and squash. Submerge in the boiling water and cook, covered for 2 minutes. Remove the basket and refresh the vegetables under cold running water.
Transfer the vegetables to a bowl and mix with the pepper strips, artichokes, and olives.
In a blender, combine the vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, salt, and pepper. Mix on medium until completely blended. While the motor is running, slowly pour in the oils in a steady stream to make a smooth dressing.
Pour the dressing over vegetables. Add the basil and toss well. Chill for at least 2 hours before serving. Arrange on a decorative platter garnished with fresh basil and lemon wedges.