Italian Sausage and Pepper Burgers2018-01-26
- Yield : 4 servings
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 30m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 12 ounces hot Italian sausage (if links, remove casings)
- 12 ounces sweet Italian sausage (if links, remove casings)
- 8 slices provolone
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons pesto
- 4 ciabatta rolls, buttered and lightly toasted
- Pickled banana peppers, for topping
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions and peppers and saute until the onions are translucent and the peppers are tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Stir in the tomato paste and cook for 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat.
Preheat an outdoor grill to medium high.
Combine both sausages in a bowl. Form into 4 patties. Grill until cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Top each burger with some of the onions and peppers and 2 slices of cheese, cover the grill and cook until the cheese melts.
In a bowl, add the mayo and pesto and stir to combine. Spread the rolls with the pesto mayo, add the burgers and banana peppers and serve immediately.