Italian Sausage Deep Dish Pizza2018-03-20
- Yield : 8 Servings
- Prep Time : 25m
- Cook Time : 35m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 1 package (19 ounces) Johnsonville Mild or Hot Italian Sausage Links, casings removed
- 1 small green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 can (2.25 ounces) sliced black olives, drained
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 teaspoons yellow cornmeal
- 2 tubes (13.2 ounces, each) refrigerated country Italian bread dough
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
1. Cook sausage links according to package directions; drain, cut into Â¼-inch slices and set aside.
2. In a skillet, saute green pepper slices in 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat until lightly browned.
3. Remove peppers and set aside.
4. In the same skillet, add remaining olive oil; saute mushrooms over medium-high heat until lightly browned.
5. Position oven rack in the lower third of the oven and preheat to 400Â°F.
6. Butter the bottom and sides of two 9-inch round baking pans.
7. Sprinkle 2 teaspoons of cornmeal in the interior of each pan.
8. Remove bread dough from tubes, unroll and press one tube of dough up sides and over the bottom of each prepared pan.
9. Arrange 3 slices of provolone over dough, followed by 1Â½ cups of mozzarella and Â¼ cup of Parmesan into each pan.
10. Spread Â¾ cup of pizza sauce over cheese layer.
11. Top each pizza with half of the green peppers, mushrooms, olives and sausage slices.
12. Bake at 400Â°F for 30-35 minutes or until crusts are golden brown.
13. Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes.
14. Cut into wedges.