Kale and Quinoa Salad2019-07-01
- Yield : 4 to 6 servings
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 55m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 1/2 to 1 bunch lacinato kale (also called Tuscan kale), washed, stems removed and leaves cut into 1-inch strips
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 to 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup cooked white quinoa
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
Steep the kale in hot water in a large bowl until it turns slightly brighter, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove and pat dry.
In a small bowl, combine the vinegar and a pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper. While whisking, slowly drizzle in the olive oil.
Pour half the dressing over the kale in a large bowl. Massage the kale leaves with your hands. Add the quinoa, tomatoes and more dressing and toss together with 2 spoons. Mix in the goat cheese and pine nuts. Transfer the salad to a serving dish. Allow to sit for 20 minutes before serving.