Kale Salad with Blue Cheese and Walnuts2013-12-09
- Yield : 8-10
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 25m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 medium shallot, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 10 ounces baby kale (about 16 cups)
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese, such as Gorgonzola
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spread the walnuts out on a baking sheet and bake, tossing once, until toasted and browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Set aside to cool, then roughly chop.
Meanwhile, cover the shallot with cold water and let stand 10 minutes; drain well and pat dry.
Whisk the vinegar, mustard, honey, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper in a large bowl until smooth. Slowly drizzle in the oil, whisking constantly until blended and thickened.
Add the kale, drained shallots and walnuts to the bowl with the dressing and toss well. Add the blue cheese, season with a pinch each of salt and pepper and toss gently to combine.Â