Lemon-Dijon Potato Salad2019-06-02
- Yield : 4 servings
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 50m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds red new potatoes (no bigger than golf balls), cut into eighths
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice plus 2 teaspoons lemon zest (from 1 lemon)
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 teaspoons minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced celery, plus 1 heaping tablespoon chopped celery leaves
Place the potatoes in a medium saucepan. Cover them with cold water and add 1 tablespoon salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook until the potatoes are tender but still hold their shape, about 12 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine the lemon juice, mustard, shallot, honey and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a blender. Blend until smooth. With the blender running, slowly drizzle in the oil.
When the potatoes are cooked, drain in a colander and tap out any excess water so the potatoes are as dry as possible. Transfer the warm potatoes to a large bowl. Add the diced celery, vinaigrette, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and toss to combine. Garnish with the celery leaves and lemon zest. Serve warm or at room temperature.