Long Live The Chicken a la King!2019-07-27
- Yield : 4 servings
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 35m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 1 tube jumbo bake-off biscuits (recommended: Pillsbury brand "Grands"), available on dairy aisle
- A sprinkle cayenne (spicy) or sweet paprika (mild)
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 pieces boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or extra-virgin olive oil, 1 turn of the pan
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 pound small white mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 small white onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons chopped pimentos
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf or curly parsley
Preheat oven according to package directions for biscuits. Arrange biscuits on nonstick baking sheet and sprinkle with a little ground cayenne pepper or sweet paprika then place biscuits into a preheated oven. Bake until golden, remove biscuits from oven and then cool.
In a medium skillet, bring 1 cup white wine and 2 cups chicken broth and 1 bay leaf to a boil. Slide in chicken breasts and gently poach them in simmering broth and wine for 10 to 12 minutes.
Preheat a second skillet over medium heat. Add oil and butter. When butter melts into oil, add mushrooms and onion and cook 5 minutes until tender. Add flour and cook another minute.
Pull chicken from broth and set on cutting board. Ladle cooking liquid into the mushrooms, whisking it in. Add 2 to 2 1/2 cups of liquid and discard the bay leaf. Add pimentos and peas to the sauce. Dice chicken into bite-size pieces and slide into bubbling sauce.
Split the biscuits, place bottoms on dinner plates and cover with ladles of Chicken a la King. Cap with biscuit tops and garnish with chopped parsley.