Macaroni and Cheese with Naomi Judd2012-08-20
- Yield : 4 servings as a main dish, or
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 40m
- Ready In : 45m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked macaroni or medium shells
- 1/2 stick or 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 6 ounces Velveeta or sharp cheddar cheese, cut into small chunks (plus a little extra shredded for topping)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Cook the macaroni according to the package directions. Drain well. Meanwhile, in a large, heavy saucepan, melt the butter. Whisk in the flour to make a paste. Gradually whisk in the milk. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, whisking, until thickened, about 1 minute. Add the cheese, salt, and pepper and whisk until smooth.
Stir the cooked macaroni into the cheese sauce. Scrape into a shallow 2-quart baking dish. Bake in the preheated 350 oven, uncovered, until bubbly and lightly golden on top, 20 to 25 minutes. Add the extra shredded cheese for the last 5 minutes of baking. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.