Mama’s Scalloped Potatoes2015-06-07
- Yield : 6 servings
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 30m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- Cooking spray
- 12 ounces evaporated skim milk
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon all-purpose seasoning salt, such as Spike
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 medium baking potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions, green part only, for garnish
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 3-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, combine the evaporated milk, flour, paprika, seasoning salt, nutmeg, cayenne, 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Add the potatoes, onions and zucchini and toss to coat, making sure to separate the vegetable slices.
Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish, distribute the vegetables evenly, and then flatten the top with a rubber spatula. Sprinkle with the Parmesan and bake until crispy on top and the potatoes are tender, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Let sit for 10 minutes to set. Garnish with green onions before serving.