- Yield : 4 to 6 servings
- Prep Time : 25m
- Ready In : 25m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 1/4 cup picholine olive brine
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed Meyer lemon juice
- 1 pound sushi-quality yellow fin tuna, thinly sliced across the grain
- 3 ounces (about 18) picholine olives, pitted and slivered
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bulb fennel, thinly sliced
- 2 Meyer lemons, zested
In a glass baking dish or a wide, shallow, nonreactive bowl, mix together olive brine and lemon juice. Gently toss in tuna slices and olive slivers. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours, occasionally moving tuna slices around gently in marinade to ensure that slices cure evenly.
Just before serving, strain the tuna slices from marinade. Divide tuna between 4 to 6 appetizer plates. Spoon a little marinade (with olive slivers) over the tuna. Grind black pepper, to taste, over each serving. Garnish with fennel and lemon zest, and serve immediately.