- Yield : 4 servings
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 25m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 4 ears fresh sweet corn, shucked
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked sea salt
- Roasted Poblano Mayo, recipe follows
- 1 cup crumbled Cotija cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 small poblano pepper
- 1 cup store-bought or homemade mayo
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- Kosher salt
On a hot grill, char each side of fresh corn until the kernels develop some color, 5 to 6 minutes.
Mix together the paprika, chili powder and smoked sea salt.
Slather each ear with the Roasted Poblano Mayo, and then dust in the Cotija, cilantro and seasoned salt.
Roast the whole poblano over an open flame on your stove-top until all sides are charred black, 5 to 6 minutes per side. Let rest in a paper bag until cool, about 15 minutes. Peel off the charred skin, and then remove the stem, seeds and ribs. Mince the pepper.
Stir together the minced poblano with the mayo, honey, cumin, garlic and some salt.