Meat Lover’s Stromboli2019-02-17
- Yield : 16 appetizer portions
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 50m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- Canola oil nonstick spray
- Flour, for dusting
- 1 pizza dough, divided in half
- 1 cup sweet marinated peppers, chopped (recommended: Peppadew)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 pound sliced ham
- 1/4 pound sliced hot sopressata
- 1/4 pound sliced salami
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced pepperoni
- 4 cups grated mozzarella
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Olive oil, for brushing
- Smoked salt (optional)
- 2 cups good quality marinara sauce, warmed
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Spray 2 baking sheets with nonstick spray.
On a lightly floured surface, roll out both halves of the dough to large rectangles, about 9 by 13 inches. Sprinkle each with the sweet peppers, garlic, and Italian seasoning, leaving a 1-inch border. Evenly distribute the ham, sopressata, salami, pepperoni, and mozzarella over each of the dough rectangles.
Using a pastry brush, paint the border of 1 long edge on each piece of dough with the egg wash. Starting at the opposite long end without the egg wash, roll up each dough like a jellyroll. Repeat with the other dough. Place on the prepared baking sheets and brush the tops with olive oil. Sprinkle with smoked salt, if desired. Place a few slits in the top of the dough for venting. Bake until nearly completely golden brown and starting to crisp, about 25 minutes.
Remove from the oven and let cool for about 10 minutes. Slice thickly and serve with the warmed marinara.