Meatball Sub on a Stick2013-04-27
- Yield : 12 skewers
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 30m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Pinch kosher salt
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1/2 loaf Italian bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 24 frozen mini meatballs, heated through according to package instructions
- 24 leaves fresh basil
- 24 mini fresh mozzarella balls (1/2-ounce size or ciliegine)
- Grated Parmesan, for serving
- Warm marinara sauce, for serving
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
In a small pot over medium heat, add the olive oil, Italian seasoning, salt and garlic. Bring to a simmer and simmer for 5 minutes.
Transfer the oil mixture to a large bowl and toss with the bread cubes. Spread the cubes in an even layer on a baking sheet and bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
Skewer a bread cube followed by a meatball, basil leaf and mozzarella ball, then repeat so there is 2 of everything on the skewer. Repeat with the remaining skewers.
Line up the skewers on a platter and sprinkle with grated Parmesan. Serve with warm marinara sauce for dipping.