Meatballs with Angel Hair Pasta2019-05-06
- Yield : 18 servings
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 16m
- Ready In : 36m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 3 1/4 tablespoons minced shallot
- 3/4 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 1/4 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon port wine
- 1 pinch fresh ground pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 1/4 tablespoons Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons white truffle oil
- 6 ounces cooked angel hair pasta
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- Fresh oregano leaves
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
To make meatballs: Saute shallot and garlic in olive oil and let cool. Combine all ingredients together and mix well. Scoop into 1-ounce meatballs and shape by hand. Place on a sheet pan and bake for 6 to 7 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool. After meatballs have cooled, trim off the top and bottom so that the meatballs lay flat and the pasta piles can rest on top.
To make the Angel Hair Piles: Melt the butter in a heavy bottomed saucepan. Add the flour stirring continuously. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes on low heat. Add heavy cream while constantly whisking. Turn off heat once the cream starts to boil and thicken. Whisk in cheese. Gently mix the cream sauce and the truffle oil with the pasta and season with salt and pepper. Using a cocktail fork or fondue fork gather about 10 to 12 strands of pasta and roll into a pile small enough to fit on top of each meatball.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
To assemble: Place each pile of pasta on a meatball. When completed, cover and heat in the oven for 2 to 3 minutes. Place on a serving tray and garnish with small oregano leaves.