- Yield : 4 servings
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 30m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat23 grams
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 1 pound lean ground beef or lamb
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh oregano
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 4 10-inch flour tortillas
- 3 1/2 cups shredded muenster or monterey jack cheese
- Fresh salsa and/or sour cream, for serving
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and chili powder and cook 1 to 2 minutes. Add the beef, oregano, 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste. Cook, breaking up the meat with a spoon, until it is no longer pink, about 2 minutes. Add the scallions and cook 5 to 6 more minutes.
Heat a large griddle or skillet over medium heat. Brush 1 side of each tortilla with olive oil. Place 2 tortillas on the griddle (or 1 if using a skillet), oiled-side down, and scatter about one-quarter of the cheese on each. Cook until the bottoms are golden brown and the cheese is melted. Put about a quarter of the beef mixture on half of each tortilla and fold into a half-moon. Continue to cook until the quesadillas are crisp, turning once. Repeat to make 4 quesadillas.
Cut into wedges and top with salsa and/or sour cream.