Mini Lasagnas with Sweet Corn and Mascarpone2012-08-10
- Yield : 6 servings
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 40m
- Ready In : 5m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- Butter, for ramekins
- 12 lasagna sheets
- 3 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1/2 cup whipping cream, at room temperature
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup (8 ounces) mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup (4 ounces) finely grated Pecorino Romano, plus 1/2 cup (2 ounces)
- 1 large lemon, zested
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup packed chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded sharp Provolone
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Special equipment: 6 (10-ounce) ramekins, each 2 1/2 inches tall and 3 1/2 inches in diameter
Arrange an oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Butter 6 (10-ounce) ramekins. Set aside.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes. Drain. Using 2 cooked lasagna noodles in an "x" shape, line each ramekin, pushing the noodles gently into the bottom of the ramekins, allowing any excess pasta to overhang on the sides.
In a food processor, blend the corn, cream and garlic until chunky. Add the mascarpone, 1 cup of the Pecorino Romano cheese, the lemon zest, salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth. Add the basil and pulse until just combined. Spoon 1/4 cup of the filling into the bottom of each ramekin and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of the Provolone. Fold 2 overhanging pieces of pasta over the filling, (trim the ends of the pasta with scissors, if necessary). Add another 1/4 cup of filling to each ramekin and top with another 2 tablespoons Provolone. Fold over the 2 remaining overhanging pieces of pasta.
Spoon any remaining filling on top of the pasta. Sprinkle the tops with the remaining 1/2 cup Pecorino Romano and drizzle with olive oil. Arrange the ramekins on a baking sheet and bake until the tops are golden brown and the filling is bubbling, about 25 to 30 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes.
To serve: Run a knife around the edge of the ramekins to loosen the lasagnas. Unmold the lasagnas onto serving plates and serve.