- Yield : 8 to 10 servings
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 30m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 6 slices Texas toast
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 1/2 pounds ground sausage
- 2 cups finely grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley, plus more for garnish
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil, for frying
- 4 cups store-bought marinara
- 2 1/4 pounds bucatini, cooked, for serving
- 12 fresh basil leaves, chopped
Soak the Texas toast in the milk in a shallow bowl for 10 minutes.
Add the turkey, sausage, Parmesan, parsley, garlic, onion and some salt and pepper to a bowl. Add the Texas toast and milk. Mix together (the bread will get broken up as it mixes) and form 3 oversized balls.
Heat some oil over medium heat in a small Dutch oven. Add the meatballs and carefully brown/sear the surface, moving them around to keep their shape. The meatballs should be somewhat crowded in the small pot.
Pour in the marinara and add water if needed to cover. Bring to a simmer, cover and simmer, carefully turning the meatballs halfway through, until cooked through, about an hour.
To serve: Plate up the bucatini and top with the sauce and meatballs. Garnish with parsley and basil.Â