Mushroom “Pulled Pork”2014-07-08
- Yield : 4 servings
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 25m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 pound portobello mushroom caps, gills removed, caps cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 4 kaiser rolls or hamburger buns (brioche if possible), split
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
Mix the ketchup, brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire and paprika in a small saucepot. Cook over medium heat until the sugar is completely dissolved, about 10 minutes. Set aside.
In a large saute pan over medium-high heat, heat 2 tablespoons of the canola oil. Add the mushrooms and cook until browned all the way through, 7 to 10 minutes. Set aside.
In the same pan, add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and the garlic and onion and cook until the onions have softened up and browned slightly, about 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms back to the pan along with the BBQ sauce and stir.
Place the bottom buns on a plate and top with the BBQ mushrooms, iceberg lettuce and finally the top buns. Serve.