Mustard-Onion Jam Crackers With Figs2014-07-22
- Yield : 60 servings
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 40m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat1 grams
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large yellow onions (about 1 1/2 pounds), quartered and thinly sliced
- Kosher salt
- 6 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 to 3 teaspoons sweet-hot German mustard
- Nut crisps or pita crackers (about 60), for serving
- 1 1/2 cups fresh ricotta cheese
- 1 pint fresh figs, stemmed and sliced
Heat the olive oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. When it shimmers, add the onions and 1 tablespoon salt; cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are softened, just broken down and are beginning to color, 12 to 15 minutes.
Stir in 4 tablespoons vinegar and the orange juice; cook, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is mostly broken down, thickened and golden brown, 7 to 10 minutes.
Remove from the heat; stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons vinegar and the mustard. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
To assemble, top each crisp or cracker with about 1 teaspoon ricotta, 1/2 teaspoon mustard-onion jam and a slice of fig.