Name This Dish: B-L-Sea2018-12-14
- Yield : 6 to 8 servings
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 30m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1/4 cup pepper- or lemon-flavored vodka
- 2 tablespoons horseradish, drained
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 12 large pimento-stuffed green olives, plus 2 tablespoons brine
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 12 extra-large shrimp, peeled and deveined (tails intact)
- 6 slices bacon, halved
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, cut into 12 cubes
Mix the ketchup, the juice of 1 lemon, 2 tablespoons vodka, the horseradish and hot sauce in a medium bowl; set aside.
Preheat the broiler. Whisk the olive brine, olive oil, thyme, the juice of the remaining lemon and the remaining 2 tablespoons vodka in a medium bowl. Add the shrimp and toss to coat. Wrap each shrimp with 1/2 slice bacon and arrange on a baking sheet; pour the juices from the bowl over the shrimp. Broil until the shrimp is cooked through and the bacon is crisp, about 4 minutes per side. Let cool slightly.
Skewer each shrimp with a cocktail pick, placing an olive inside the curve of the shrimp. Add a cube of lettuce to each skewer. Serve with the prepared cocktail sauce.