Neapolitan Dessert Tacos2016-09-09
- Yield : 20 tacos
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 40m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 large egg
- Nonstick cooking spray, for the pizzelle maker
- 2 1/2 cups chopped fresh strawberries (about 14 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 7 1/2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
For the pizzelles: Preheat a pizzelle maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Whisk together the melted butter, milk and egg in a small bowl; add to the flour mixture and whisk until blended and smooth.
Coat the pizzelle maker with cooking spray. Spoon 1 tablespoon batter into the hot pizzelle maker; cook until set and slightly darker in color, 45 to 50 seconds. Use a small offset spatula to remove the pizzelles, and immediately drape the pizzelles over the handle of a wooden spoon (3/4 inch to 1 inch in diameter) to form a taco shape; let stand until completely cool, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and repeat with remaining batter.
For the tacos: Combine the strawberries, sugar and mint in a medium bowl; let stand about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to dissolve the sugar.
Spoon 3 small scoops vanilla ice cream (about 2 tablespoons per scoop) into each pizzelle taco; top each with about 1 1/2 tablespoons of the strawberry mixture.