Neely’s Pork Shoulder2016-06-03
- Yield : 3 to 5 servings
- Prep Time : 10m
- Ready In : 10m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- One 5 1/2-pound pork butt
- Neely's Barbeque Seasoning, recipe follows
- Neely's BBQ Sauce, recipe follows, for serving
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups paprika
- 3 3/4 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 5 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Rinse butt thoroughly and sprinkle Neely's BBQ seasoning over entire butt. Massage seasoning into meat.
Using an indoor grill pan, sprinkle hickory chips on bottom of pan and heat over medium heat until chips start to smoke. Add pork, cover with foil and smoke meat for about 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 275 degrees F.
Place smoke pan with meat in the oven for 5 to 6 hours or until the meat pulls apart.
Serve with Neely's BBQ sauce or sprinkle Neely's BBQ seasoning onto meat.
Mix all ingredients together.
In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to simmer. Cook uncovered, stirring frequently, for 1 hour 15 minutes.