One Recipe, Two Meals: French Bread Pizzas2013-02-23
- Yield : 8 pizzas (4 kid versions, 4 adult versions)
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 40m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- One 8-ounce carton sliced mushrooms
- Kosher salt
- One 15-ounce can pizza sauce (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 loaf French bread, cut in half lengthwise, then into four pieces each crosswise
- 3/4 cup mini pepperoni
- One 8-ounce block mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 jalapeno, thinly sliced
- Fresh parsley and thyme for garnish, optional
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil and mushrooms. Season with a pinch of salt and cook, stirring, until the mushrooms are tender and dark brown, about 5 minutes.
Spoon the pizza sauce over each piece of bread. For the kid versions, simply sprinkle each pizza with a small handful of pepperoni and cheese.
For the adults, top each pizza with the mushrooms, red onion, jalapeno and cheese. Arrange all of the pizzas on a rimmed baking sheet, and bake until the cheese is melted and starting to bubble, about 20 minutes.
Garnish with a little bit of fresh parsley and thyme, if using!