Pan-Seared Sea Bass with a Spanish Sauce2016-07-12
- Course: Main Dish
- Add to favorites
- Yield : 10 to 12 servings
- Prep Time : 25m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 45m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 1 medium size red pepper, diced
- 1 medium size green pepper, diced
- 2 medium size yellow onions, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus 4 tablespoons
- 1 pound small shrimp, peeled and diced
- 1 cup mild salsa
- 1 quart heavy cream
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 10 (8-ounce) fillets sea bass, skin removed
- Red pepper, julienne, for garnish
- Parsley sprigs, for garnish
In a large pot over medium heat, saute red pepper, green pepper and onion in 2 tablespoons of olive oil for 10 minutes, or until tender. Add shrimp and continue cooking for 3 minutes. Add salsa, heavy cream, salt and pepper, then heat and reduce until slightly thickened.
Season sea bass on both sides with salt and pepper. In a large iron skillet over medium-high heat, pan-sear the sea bass with remaining olive oil.
Place fish on a plate and ladle sauce over fish. Garnish with julienne red pepper and a parsley sprig.