Pan-Seared Tempeh with Peanut Sauce2013-06-28
- Yield : 4
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 25m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat13 grams
- 2/3 cup peanut butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 (4-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 (8-ounce) blocks tempeh, cut into 1/2-inch thick strips
- Kosher salt
- 4 cups mesclun greens
- 2 cups mung bean sprouts (about 4 ounces)
1. Whisk the peanut butter, coconut milk, lime juice, honey, ginger, and water together in a medium bowl.
2. Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat and brown the tempeh on all sides, about 8 minutes.
3. Add the peanut sauce to the skillet and heat until bubbling. Season to taste.
4. Serve the tempeh hot over a bed of mesclun, topped with the sauce and a small handful of bean sprouts.