Pappardelle with Pulled Pork2014-04-07
- Yield : 4 servings
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 35m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- Kosher salt
- 1 pound pappardelle, or other wide ribbon pasta
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds pulled braised pork
- 2 cups braising liquids
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut into pats
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Large bundle arugula, watercress, or spinach, washed and trimmed
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Grated nutmeg
- Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, for garnish
A handful fresh flat-leaf parsley or celery greens, chopped, for garnish
Bring a large pot of water to a boil for the pasta. Salt the water, add the pappardelle, and cook to al dente. Reserve 1 cup of the pasta cooking liquid just before draining the pasta.
Meanwhile, gently heat the pulled pork and braising liquids, in a saucepan over medium heat.
Drain the pasta and return it to the hot pot, and toss with butter, the braised pork, 2 cups braising liquid, lemon juice, and starchy water as needed to produce enough sauce to coat the pasta and give the pappardelle movement. Wilt the arugula greens into the pasta, and season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg, to taste. Serve in shallow dishes and top with cheese, and parsley.