Paprika Pork Scallopini with Sauerkraut and Apples2018-09-23
- Yield : 4 servings
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 25m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat9 grams
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 crisp cooking apples (such as Gala, Cameo or Golden Delicious), sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound sauerkraut, rinsed, drained and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 8 pork scallopini or thin cutlets (about 11/2 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the apples, onion, caraway seeds, 1/4 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the apples start browning around the edges, about 4 minutes. Add the sauerkraut and cook until the excess liquid evaporates, about 2 minutes. Add the apple cider and chicken stock and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to medium low and cook until the apples and onion soften, about 8 minutes.
Meanwhile, season the pork with the paprika, 1 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper. Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons butter in a separate large skillet over medium heat. Working in two batches, cook the pork until browned and just cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate. Serve the pork with the sauerkraut mixture; top with the parsley.