Peach Salsa Stuffed Pork Loin2015-11-07
- Yield : 6 servings
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 40m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 4 medium peaches, finely diced, skin on
- 2 teaspoons orange zest, grated
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- 1 teaspoon jalapenos, finely minced
- 4 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 6 green onions, white and green parts thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup peach jam
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 4-pound boneless pork loin roast
- Butcher or kitchen string
- 12" x 12" sheet aluminum foil
- Olive oil
- 1 can (22 ounces) BUSH'S(R) Southern Pit Barbecue Grillin' Beans
A simple pork loin is transformed when the tangy zest of citrus is paired with sweet peaches for this scrumptious dish
Peach Salsa: In a small bowl combine the peaches, fruit zests, jalapenos, cilantro, green onions, jam and 1/2 teaspoon each of the garlic salt and pepper, mix, cover and chill.
Pork Roast: Cut a lengthwise slit down the center of the roast to within 1/2-inch of the bottom. Open the roast so it lies flat. On each half, make another lengthwise slit down the center to within 1/2- inch of the bottom. Open roast and flatten.
With a spoon, spread the peach salsa on the surface of the meat covering it completely but leaving about an inch at each end uncovered. Roll up the roast lengthwise (from long side) very tightly and tie in 3 or 4 places with the string. Let the meat sit in refrigerator for 20 minutes.
Brush the outside of the roast with olive oil and sprinkle with the remaining salt and pepper.
Place the roast on a well-oiled grill on medium-high heat (or a 350 degree Fahrenheit oven); cook for 1 hour and 20 minutes (or 20 minutes per pound) or until a meat thermometer inserted into the pork reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees. Turn several times during the cooking time.
Move meat to a large platter or cutting board and let the tenderloin rest, covered with foil, for 15 minutes. Remove the foil, discard the string and slice meat into 1/2-inch slices.
Serve with one can (22 ounces) BUSH'SÂ® Southern Pit Barbecue Grillin' Beans.