Pho to Go2019-01-26
- Yield : 1 serving
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 20m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 whole star anise
- 1 serving uncooked noodles of choice, such as ramen, glass or egg noodles
- Shredded rotisserie chicken meat, for topping
- Sliced shiitake mushrooms, for topping
- Jalapenos slices, for topping
- Bean sprouts, for topping,
- Lime wedges, for topping
- Fresh mint leaves, for topping
Put the chicken stock, hoisin, fish sauce, cinnamon sticks and star anise in a medium pot, bring to a boil, lower to a simmer and simmer for at least 10 minutes. Transfer to a thermos to keep hot.
Pack the noodles, chicken and sliced shiitakes at the bottom of a serving container, followed by the jalapenos, sprouts, lime wedges and mint.
When the lunch bell rings, pour the hot soup over the ingredients in the serving container, let stand a few minutes and enjoy!!