Pimiento Cheese Creamed Corn2012-10-10
- Yield : 4 servings
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 45m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp yellow Cheddar
- One 4-ounce jar chopped pimientos, well drained
- One 8-ounce brick cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce, or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, or more to taste
- 1 large clove garlic, grated
- 4 ears corn
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 spring onions or scallions, sliced on the bias, whites and greens separated
- 1 small bundle fresh thyme
- 1 fresh bay leaf
- Chicken stock, for simmering
Preheat a cast-iron pan over high heat.
Combine the Cheddar, pimientos, cream cheese, hot sauce, Worcestershire and garlic in a food processor; pulse to a paste-like consistency and set aside.
Cut the corn off the cob and set aside (do not discard the cobs). Add the oil to the pan, then add the corn and let char. Add in the scallion whites and cook a few minutes.
Meanwhile, in a medium pot, add the corn cobs, thyme bundle and bay leaf, and cover with chicken stock. Simmer 15 minutes, then strain and use to thin the pimiento cheese. Serve the corn with the pimiento cheese.