Pork Chops alla Pizzaiola2017-03-02
- Yield : 2 servings
- Prep Time : 7m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 37m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (1-inch thick) bone-in pork loin center-cut chops (about 12 ounces each)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes, in juice
- 1 teaspoon herbes de Provence
- 1/4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes, or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
Heat the oil in a heavy large skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle the pork chops with salt and pepper. Add the pork chops to the skillet and cook until they are brown and an instant-read meat thermometer inserted horizontally into the pork registers 160 degrees F, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer the pork chops to a plate and tent with foil to keep them warm.
Add the onion to the same skillet and saute over medium heat until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Add the tomatoes with their juices, herbes de Provence, and 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes. Cover and simmer until the flavors blend and the juices thicken slightly, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes. Season the sauce, to taste, with salt and more red pepper flakes. Return the pork chops and any accumulated juices from the plate to the skillet and turn the pork chops to coat with the sauce.
Place 1 pork chop on each plate. Spoon the sauce over the pork chops. Sprinkle with the parsley and serve.