Psycho Tibey Cheesesteak2012-10-08
- Yield : 4 servings
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 20m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 1/2 cup whole-egg mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Four 8-inch hoagie or Italian rolls, sliced in half
- 2 medium avocados, sliced
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 pound rib eye steak, sliced
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 8 slices pepper-Jack cheese
- 4 large slices tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup pickled sliced jalapenos
Whisk together the mayonnaise with the cilantro in a small bowl.
Heat a grill pan or flat-top grill to medium-high heat.
Place the hoagie rolls on the grill and toast until golden brown. Spread the cilantro-mayonnaise mixture on the cut sides of the top and bottom buns. Next, spread half an avocado on each bun top.
Put the onions on the grill with a little oil and cook until charred; remove and set aside. Making sure the grill is hot (in order to achieve a nice sear on the meat), add the rib eye with the remaining canola oil and top with the seasoned salt. Using a spatula, chop the rib eye into small pieces. Add your onions back to the meat mixture and cook until the rib eye browns.
Place the cheese over the rib eye and onion mixture and cover until the cheese melts. Divide among the toasted hoagies and finish with 2 slices of tomatoes and a layer of sliced jalapenos on each.