Pulled Chicken Tostadas2015-08-27
- Course: Main Dish
- Add to favorites
- Yield : 4 servings
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 25m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat15 grams
- 5 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 1 14-ounce can diced or crushed fire-roasted tomatoes
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken, skin removed (about 10 ounces)
- 1 chipotle chile pepper in adobo, chopped, plus 1 to 2 tablespoons sauce from the can
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups shredded coleslaw mix
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 8 corn tostadas
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 avocado, chopped
Cook the bacon in a large saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring, until lightly browned and crisp, 5 to 6 minutes. Add the onions and cook, stirring often and scraping the browned bits from the bottom of the pan, until soft and golden, about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, puree the tomatoes in a blender. Add to the saucepan along with the chicken, chipotle, adobo sauce and cumin. Cook until warmed through, 1 to 2 minutes, adding up to 1/4 cup water if the sauce is too thick; season with salt and pepper.
Toss the coleslaw mix with the lime juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper in a medium bowl. Warm the tostadas as the label directs.
Top the tostadas with the chicken and coleslaw. Thin the sour cream with 1 to 2 tablespoons water; drizzle over the tostadas. Top with the avocado.